If you’re an experienced Pythonista with some major projects under your belt and you’re looking to take a leading role in a fast-growing company, then this could be the perfect opportunity.
Beauhurst is on a mission to find and track every ambitious, high-growth business in the UK. Our web platform is the number one source for data on these exciting companies. As we expand our coverage and strive to make our product even more useful, you’ll plan and deliver new and improved ways of accessing, storing and analysing our data.
You’ll be working alongside a tight-knit, expanding team of committed Djangonauts to solve some of our big problems:
- Finding and matching up the people associated with high-growth companies to map their networks
- Working on our market leading search tools which allow our customers to ask ever more complex questions of our data
- Better understanding and classifying our users’ behaviour to help target our marketing, account management and development efforts
- Building better and more wide-ranging machine learning classifiers and natural language processing tools for our various data sources
In addition we’ll expect you to have one or more of these:
- Experience working on mature/large codebases
- Experience of building complex queries using an ORM (ideally Django) as well as optimising these queries for top Postgres performance
- Experience with testing (Pytest, Selenium) and continuous integration
- Experience in building and deploying web applications with Docker
- Familiarity with Linux and Amazon Web Services (EC2)
Once you’re here, we’re committed to continuing your learning and development. We have a great track record of promoting from within, and if you’re interested in something we'll support you with courses and conferences (e.g. PyCon, DjangoCon, PyData) as well as monthly data science workshops.
We’re thrilled to have launched a substantial options scheme, giving you (and all your colleagues) the chance to share in Beauhurst’s growth and success.
We’re all working hard to achieve our goals but we encourage a healthy working week and are happy to accommodate flexible hours.
Our calendar is full of company events and all our people get a matched pension contribution, season ticket travel loan and a host of other perks - not least the obligatory Friday beer (and soft drink) fridge.
That all sound up your street? Then it’s about time you applied!
Please submit a cover letter via our website (http://about.beauhurst.com/jobs) alongside your CV and links to any online resources to help flesh out your application.
We’ll get back to you about your application ASAP and the process will usually look like this:
- A brief initial phone interview (15-20 mins)
- An in-person interview with members of the development team and other senior employees from across the company (1-2 hrs)
- A technical assessment to be completed in your own time (1-2hrs)
- A follow-up interview (2-3 hrs)
The whole process should take no longer than 2 weeks depending on your availability.